Magical Hollywood Studios Rides For Honeymooners
If you are on your honeymoon, there are great Disney Hollywood Studios rides to enjoy with your couple. Disney Hollywood Studios is a great park to visit on your honeymoon as it recreates the glitz, glamour, and romance of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Cast yourselves as the leads in a classic romance or a romantic comedy. Or if you prefer, Disney Hollywood Studios provides both a character’s perspective and an actor’s perspective of many classic film moments, making it just as easy to picture yourselves as the legendary actors who brought the movies to life.
While you will want to find your own romantic spots and create your own magical moments, first-time visitors may be so overwhelmed by the breadth of experiences that it may be difficult to know where to begin. Here, then, is this author’s list, in no particular order, of the top ten romantic activities/locations at Disney Hollywood Studios.
Purchase tickets to Hollywood Studios at Disney World!
Experience the golden age of Hollywood during your honeymoon and Hollywood Studios.
Top Hollywood Studios Rides for Honeymooners
- The Brown Derby. This four-star restaurant faithfully recreates the Hollywood original. The excellent food, top-notch service, and décor blend seamlessly, making it easy to believe that you are actually in the legendary gathering place of the stars.
- Prime Time Café. At the opposite end of the dining spectrum is this heavily themed 1950s restaurant. Designed to recreate Sunday dinner with the relatives, every table has its own television, and the wait staff play to the hilt their roles as your brothers and sisters. Mom and Dad are in the kitchen, and you will be admonished if you don’t eat your vegetables. As newlyweds, you may be teased, welcomed to the family, or lightheartedly quizzed on everything from your job to your plans for children. While not traditionally “romantic,” the place is a lot of fun.
- Sunset Boulevard at night. The lighting is subdued, casting a romantic glow on the buildings. Grab a snack from the candy store, or for the more healthy eaters, from the produce market, then find a bench and watch the world go by.
- Streetmosphere. Strolling actors take on the personas of stereotypical Hollywood “types.” You may encounter the Director, the Ingenue, the Character Actor, the Paparazzi, or many others. These characters use a combination of improvisational and scripted performance to add realism to the park. As newlyweds, don’t be surprised to find you become part of the show.
- The Great Movie Ride. This ride takes you inside the action of some of the most beloved films of all time. Cuddle close and enjoy the scenes. The attraction is housed inside a reproduction of the famed Chinese Theater, complete with celebrity handprints in the concrete outside. Take some time out to find your favorites.
- Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre. Pretend you are kids again in this re-creation of a 1950s drive-in movie. The food is good, but many people go in specifically for the milkshakes. Order a shake with two straws for the ultimate “date night” experience, and settle in to watch clips from B-grade science fiction films.
- Fantasmic. This nighttime spectacular is the perfect way to top off your day. Film projected onto screens of water, pyrotechnics, and live actors combine to make Fantasmic an incredible closing show. With its twin themes of love and the triumph of good over evil, this show may just bring a tear to your eye.
- Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream. This walk-through exhibit is packed to the rafters with priceless artifacts and memorabilia documenting the life and times of Walt Disney.
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure. This playground shrinks guests to the size of bugs for an extraordinary journey through a replica of a backyard. Although designed for children, this play land is big and durable enough for adults. Run, climb, jump, and play on a variety of tunnels, slides, and giant blades of grass.
- The thrill rides. For many couples, nothing beats a great adrenaline rush. Star Tours, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror are all sure to get your hearts pounding.
Disney Hollywood Studios rides recreates the romance of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Visit the attractions, but be sure to spend some time just exploring the park. Romance can be found around every corner, for couples who take time to pay attention. Use the above list as a jumping-off point to create your own magic, and you are sure to find that Disney Hollywood Studios is a wonderful destination for your honeymoon.